Topic: Centred+ support for 0xfffe+

Hey StaticZ,

so I used your tool to improve my art up to the regions far beyond 0.fffe. But anyway, when I am running Centred+ this stuff is not showing.

Maybe I have to do some entries somewhere, or is this not supported up to now? Cause I need this, my art.mul is nearly full^^

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain

Re: Centred+ support for 0xfffe+

What? You can use up to 0x4000 static tiles in old clients, up to 0x8000 for SA and up to 0xFFFF for HS. Sure you will require to change flag for data format on server side. You willn't see tiles in groups untile you add them via config, but you can always see them via list of all tiles. Sure if they not set for ignoring in configs.

Anyway we for own add tiles from the end, so we are using much tiles with ids 0x8000-0xFFFF and all works perfect.

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...

3 (edited by Valorian 2015-05-14 08:08:33)

Ok, so I searched for this, but where do I have to set this stuff? Do I have to change the .mul format back to .dst? or whatever this datastuff is called? I did it like this: I saved all items from our old art.mul and copied them into the high seas art.mul (changed the format before. Same with artidx. I have some problems with the tiledata (how do I extend it to the hs-size O_o?). Animdata and stuff I did not do yet. I packedall of them into my UO folder (Is an older UO client working with this files, or do I need a client higher then 7.x? ). Then I started centred, same path as ever, but I can't see the arts in the list afterwards It ends at 0x7ffe right now. But I left some Arts from high seas after 0x8000, so there should be some available. I checked it with fiddler and mulpatcher. (I also cannot get fiddler+ to run, but this is something i have to ask in another thread^^).  Thanks for your support :-)

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain

Game isn't a dream, it is the reality, reality which is coming while we dream...

Ah, now it worked :-)

Very nice job. my guys are so happy about al the new slots !

Thanks for your great support big_smile

Mark Twain

Ok,

since some time went I come back with my problem.

What I did:

I have some files art.mul, artidx.mul, textures.mul, etc  that I expanded up to 0xffff slots with your UOtools (Anyway, could you add some description who is who in the oval office with the mulcon stuff...Its a bit cryptic^^) and it worked quite well. I also got the good old mulpatcher to read this stuff since fiddler+ is in russian and I cannot read russian (Anyone translated this?) using good old Delphi.

Ok, so this worked fine, everyone liked each other except of Centred+. It is simply ot showing any tiles after 0x7ffe. I went through the wiki tutorial ( I need to use the 0x0000 format, everything else gives me corrupted results), I cleaned the virtual tiles (only one entry left), I checked all the other files and I cannot find where the problem lies...
No chance to get those stupid Items to show.

Is there any trick, any way to get this thing to run?

Thanks for your help.

:-)

Mark Twain

server configuration cant be problem, most possible you forget to resize some files, what you need is  artidx.mul, tiledata.mul, animdata.mul, radarcol.mul

So resizing the art is not necessary?

Mark Twain

I can't give any answer as I don't know what files you have, what you did with them and so on. All I can say is general words, all this files are linked together, when tile with some id is required it's lookign from all this files - from art it get image, from tiledata - type and logic for this tile, from radarcol - color for minimap, from animdata - ids for animation if its presenet. So if required id isn't present in one of this files there are only 2 possible ways - ither application will crash with some error, or it will ignore ithis tile, like its not exsits.

Ok,

sounds resonable.

I think I resized all the files and I want to give UOFiddler+ a try cause I don't think any other programm can handle such big files right now.

But it is in russian :-O

Is there any way to get the file where I can transalte the whole thing to german/english, my russian is bad, bad I have google anyway so I would like to translate this for you. I will send it back, translatet, maybe there are more people in need of a english or german version big_smile

Mark Twain

you can ither try to resave all files in Fiddler or something else or if this not work you can also try my small cmd tool for low-level operations with muls (it's a part of UDK project) it's interface isn't much friendly and it requires some knowledge about mul files but it give access to many operations with muls files and can easily used for resizing them or copying\moving entries inside mul files. Maybe there are other solutions but I don't know about them.

As for Fiddler+ unfortanly its fast coding project, I made it for myself for ower shard and dont care about supporting translations and even clients versions that I wasn't interested in. So for now all text are hardcoded whole all source code. Thow most of mine other projects started in same way - CentrEd+, UCS for example where originaly also developing for own shard, but latter I made rather much work to make them usable in other projects and languages. As for Fiddler+ now i don't decide what project to close UDK or Fiddler+ ...

Ok,

anyway, I have one question about the cmd-Tool.

There are 3 or 4 definitions vfor MULCON - what do they mean. And can yoiu give me an example if I like to resize a file up to 0xffff slots?

I fear I am not doing it correctly and since I am running into errors.
The index files seem to have other sizing parameters then the other files.

For example the art.mul and the artidx.mul... I don't really get what the numbers mean.

If I get it I would be pleased to write a description for other users, Cause it is quite hard if you do not know anything about the files to understand what yopu need to do. (The art.mul seems to consist of two parts: art(m) and art(s)- What to do with this?

Thank you :-)

Mark Twain

In general lets say that mul files are like arrays of entries, each of them contain some data depending of file type. This data can ither have constant size or not, so there are 2 types of mul files - with constant data size and with dinamic. The second type required 2 files for storing index and data (first usualy have *.idx or *idx.mul extansion). For example for such files we can call - artidx.mul\art.mul, gumpidx.mul\gumpart.mul, soundidx.mul\sound.mul, multi.idx\multi.mul, staidx0.mul\statics0.mul. For such files IDX file contains sizes and positions of data entries in data file. As for first data type (constan data size) they don't required index file but they can contain two arrays of different entries. For example tiledata.mul - first part of this file contain descryption for land tiles, second part - for tiles. And thise entries size, formats are different. Also there are third mul type, its also fixed size like second one, but there all entries are grouped in blocks and each block have additional header. Its more often used in UO, also take mention that as low lelevel operation with mul files operates with entries it don't take care about entry data format, so you can represent whole group of entries with header like single entry or index table (*.idx) from some mul file with not fixed size like fixed entry mul (for example to reoder some entries).

MULCON - Mul Container, its allows to describe mul containers for all types, it also allows to work with virtual mul containers, i.e. we can use part of file (i.e. some sequences of entries from it) like independed file. Its sometimes helpful when we need for example to work with tiledata. Thats why there are 3 variants of definition for it.

1) 1st type (dynamic entry size):
$MULCON$  ->  <index_offset> <entry_length> <idxfile> <mulfile>
1st and 2nd arguments allows to work with part of container, so for example an use such values for $MULCON$:
* to open lands ->   0 0x4000 artidx.mul art.mul
* to open items ->  0x4000 0 artidx.mul art.mul
* to open all tiles -> 0 0 artidx.mul art.mul
Lets explain - artidx.mul\art.mul stores lands and item tiles, first 0x4000 entries are for lands, other used for items. So if we use 2nd variant first item index in MULCON will be 0 and its length for SA will be 0x8000 and if we use 3rd varian first index for item will be 0x4000 and its length for SA will be 0xC000. (Note entry_length = 0 means that it will get autimaticaly from offset up to end of file).
so if we whant to resize entries to 0xFFFF we can do it several ways (by using command --resize <entry_count> $MULCON$):
* --resize 0xFFFF 0x4000 0 artidx.mul art.mul
* --resize 0x13FFF 0 0 artidx.mul art.mul

2) 2nd and 3rd type:
$MULCON$  ->  <byte_offset> <entry_length> <entry_size> <mulfile>
$MULCON$  ->  <byte_offset> <entry_length> <entry_head_size> <entry_item_size> <entry_item_count> <mulfile>

Lets see onexample of tiledata, as art.mul it contains entries both for lands and items. For lands their size is 26/30, for items 37/41 (second value is for new clients HS and higher, first for old one), all entries are grouped in blocks with header 4 bytes and 32 lands\items entries. So for 0x4000 entries we have 0x4000/32=0x200(512) blocks, size of land block is 4 + 26 / 30 * 32 = 836 / 964 and for item block 4 + 37 / 41 * 32 =  1188 / 1316 bytes. As first blocks are for lands entries and we have 512 land blocks lets get offset for first item block : 512 * (836 / 964) = 428032 / 493568 bytes. Also take attention that as entries are grouped in blocks their total number muct be devided by 32. So we can't resize this file to 0xFFFF, we can resize it ither to 0x10000 or to 0xFFE0. Again we can do it in several ways - ither work with full blocks as single entry or with each entries, so finaly we have (for resizing up to 0x10000, for tiledata in new format):

* --resize 2048 493568 0 1316 tiledata.mul
* --resize 0x10000 493568 0 4 41 32 tiledata.mul

As you can understand in first example we resize groups of items blocks, as each group contains 32 entries 2048 item groups contains 0x10000 item entries. As before items we have land entries with different format here we have to work with container from some offset (i.e. from place where item section begins), so we use calculated offset 493568. Then in first example we write item block size and for second block header size, block item size and number of items in block.

PS sure its required to know such things as item sizes, block headers sizes and so on, but most usable I wroted at the end of help description.

PPS Note that fonts mul files in fact not muls containers and cant be used with MULCON.

14 (edited by Valorian 2016-10-17 08:15:55)

WOW, ok, THIS is helpful big_smile

Thank you so much!!! Now there is a real chance to get this stuff done big_smile

Do I understand it correctly that I need to use the High-Seas tiledata.uop, convert it into tiledata.mul and then resize it up to 0x10000?

And this is cool for everyone, since I am now doing much more arts which will be available for download after the projects release (and some before).

You are really a genius in this stuff.

Mark Twain

Looking forward to it @new video. I am also working on some videos explaining how we build our world and stuff.
They will come with the new webpage (I like this ongoing overhauls O_o...)

Anyway, I will use my old fiting muls for resizing. They should work with the client and Centred.

Centred does not care about the filesize, as far as I understand? So if they are resized, they are resized and items will show up? :-)

Mark Twain

18 (edited by Valorian 2016-12-05 12:23:12)

Ok,

so finally I got the files enlarged, and it is shown in programs like fiddler, I even recoded mulpatcher, so it can show and patch the files. But I still do not see any items behind 0xffff in Centred+... (I added some items for testing in the 0xef40 region)

Do you know where the problem could be?

I used files from the ML client to enlarge...

Mark Twain

You have to resize all files - art.mul, tiledata.mul, radarcol.mul, if this not help check file format flags in server configuration,
PS also take attention that in real client work only with tiles up to 0xFFDC

20 (edited by Valorian 2017-02-14 07:32:15)

Hey, I checked everything, it still won't work. I am quite unhappy and feel stupid since I have no idea what went wrong. Maybe you can give me a hand? For you it should be quite easy to resize the files or send me large ones so that I can copy from one file to another...

I would exchangge this for graphics of your choice, just send me an email or text me here :-)

Cheers

Mark Twain

Sure, send me files wich cause problems by mail or pm

So, since I found out that new file versions are needed to resolve my problem the next step would be to transfer all files into a new format.

But anyway if you install the Classic client it will give you just this stupid .uop files for the art. Is there anyone who is willing to upload the latest fileversions (For client version: 7.0.23.0 or below), even blank versions (I don't care about the art inside^^).

Or is it possible to create such files with UOTools? I tried out, but It seems for example for the Art I get something odd..

I did it like this:

--create 0xffff artidx.mul art.mul

What UOTools gave me was this: I had the art(m) part for the maptiles with 0xffff slots, but it was missing the art(s) part....  So the next thing I am too stupid for ;-D

Sorry for bothering you so much, but as I am messing around with my files a lot I really need some understanding of what I am doing.

Thank you

Mark Twain

yes, i give you link in pm, but if you modified your art, most possible that you also modified tiledata, so its better to convert it

Hey StaticZ big_smile

Thanks to you we can go on with our stuff. I transfered my items and so on to the new files and now we are good to go.

Tested it with Centred+ and it seems to work fine :-)

Thanks again for your help and patience :-)

Mark Twain

Not exatly understand what you did and what problem you have, but Im glad hear that all is fine and working now. :=)